Turner Gymnasium

Built in 1969 and named in honor of John M. Turner, Class of 1929 and professor of English from 1933 to 1972, then Dean of the College from 1952 to 1972. The John M. Turner Health and Physical Education Center was renovated and expanded in 2000. The building houses a gymnasium; two-story fitness center; dance and multi-purpose studio; health and human performance laboratory; training rooms; classrooms; offices for faculty and coaches; and the Athletic Department which offers 10 Women's Sports, 9 Men's Sports, and 2 Co-Ed Sports (Cheerleading and Equestrian). In 2016, the Men's and Women's Basketball teams brought home the ODAC Championship.